“We filled two full trollies worth of goods and are really
enjoying the feel of helping someone. It
will give less fortunate/ homeless people food so they can eat over Christmas
and have a better Christmas. I am hoping
to get four full trolleys of goods and I also want to have more fun while doing
it. I think the Service Days program is
a great idea to help the community and also meet and make new friends out of
people from different age groups. I have
thoroughly enjoyed this activity and will definitely be doing it again if Mr. Davies/
the legend is on the task again.”
Callum W.
“We have completed a set of flyers which we were able to hand out
to the public, we also filled two FULL trolleys with food and appliances. Someone who is less fortunate will receive
these items and be able to keep themselves well fed and hygienic. What I am willing to achieve is to make
sure that the people who are receiving these things will have an enjoyable
Christmas. I think it is a good way of
getting students to participate in helping the community and school. So far I have enjoyed the time that has
been spent with my friends AND helping the community.”
Laurence H.
What have you achieved during the Service Days so far?
"We've achieved two trolleys full of hygiene products or tinned food, which then goes to the homeless."
How do you think your efforts will assist someone in
need?
"It will give them food over the Christmas period and it will
support them with health if they're really thin."
What are you hoping to achieve by your
participation in the Service Days?"I'm hoping to achieve more confidence and helping out the homeless or less fortunate."
What is your opinion of the Service Days program?
"I think it's a good way to support the community but it's
not the best when it's 40 degree heat and you're outside all day."
Have you enjoyed working on this activity?
"Yes, because it has boosted my confidence a fair bit and I
hate public speaking, so it's helped with talking in front of people and we
only have a small group too.”
Amie C.
No comments:
Post a Comment